Food in Melbourne is incredible, world class and delicious. But the bill can seem pretty steep, especially after backpacking through other parts of the world like South East Asia. So to celebrate the current financial climate, I’ve put together a list of my fav cheap eats under $10 in my
expensive beautiful city to help you distance yourself—ever so slightly—from the poverty line and keep you travelling a bit longer.
10 cheap eats for under $10
- Spend an hour trying to track down Japanese restaurant, Don Don, in the CBD. Then cough up only $7.70 for their delish chicken curry don (Japanese curry with teriyaki chicken on rice).
- Pizzas at Fitzroy’s Bimbo Deluxe are $4, which means you can bloody well have two! This pizza special occurs at different times each day, so make sure you check the website before you head over.
- If you go to Naked For Satan in Fitzroy on any Sunday evening from 6pm, you can have literally any dish on the menu for $9. Cheap Cheap.
- $8.80 can buy you not one BUT FOUR BBQ pork bao at Wonderbao in the CBD.
- You can grab a $6.60 wok fried rice with hot and tasty Japanese-style fried rice, scrambled egg, minced BBQ pork and spring onion at Little Ramen Bar in the CBD.
- Get you cheap eats early with the $7.90 ‘Vanessa’ breakfast burger packed with bacon, egg, cheese, bloody mary mayo and tomato sauce from Huxtaburger in Collingwood.
- At Dosa Corner you get a plain dosa (a south-Indian pancake made from fermented batter), idly (steamed savoury cake), vada (a deep-fried snack) and drink for $6.95. A range of other filled dosas is available, including chicken masala ($9.95) and cheese and chilli ($7.95).
- Tacos at the Fitzroy Social are no less than TWO DOLLARS. Hold the phone.
- Collingwood’s Mr Scruff’s has $5 nachos on Wednesday evenings.
- Head over to the Malaysian Laksa House on Elizabeth Street in the CBD and grab a $9.80 vegetarian laksa.
Emails suck.. Mine don't!
Have you joined my mailing list yet?
I pinky promise to only send you super fun emails and freebies to help you plan your best trip yet!